HOW TO MAKE LIFE YOUR LIFE EASIER

It is a difficult thought to think about when the day’s bills were already paid and no one can see you smiling at the prospect of a rainy day. Well, for me it was just that little bit more work needed to be done to make sure I got everything I needed (even if it nothing more than a few extra cents). So, this year I made my life easier by making myself somewhat independent from having to wait on anyone else’s to pay my bills. That way I am free to do what I want, when I choose and what I need, even if it means being forced to pay someone else to do whatever it takes to keep me afloat. I have learned this new trick over time, but never would I have thought I would be doing so much of it while not needing to worry about how or where my next meal comes from. Here is an example and a list of some things I did to make it easy this past year.

 

I started working around the house. Before the pandemic kept us isolated from each other, I’ve always found it hard to make ends meet. When I had to take care of many animals and the rest of our household chores, I felt overwhelmed with the amount of things that had to be checked off. Having to check for any lost pets, for example. For years now I’ve been spending much time trying to figure out how to get rid of unwanted animals in our home, so I made myself available to come home as soon as possible if someone is missing anything. Now I can make excuses for myself as to why I have to go shopping, but sometimes those things don’t even work. You should know when your spouse is getting sick, it doesn’t mean they are going to suddenly disappear after coming home. I had to really think outside the box. There has always been a time and place for most people. At least in my mind. I’m learning how to let go, and how to give others the space to bring themselves back into their own world. Not everyone can always leave their phone alone when leaving the house, especially during COVID-19.

 

I’ve realized that everyone needs help just like me. Sure there can be times when we all want to ask “what do you want?” But then again sometimes we may find ourselves needing to ask “what will happen if everyone left home or all that freedom from being too lazy?” This is just another reminder that there has to be a balance between keeping our self-satisfaction at bay, and doing what works best for us at all times. The only thing that needs to ever be too lazy is not having enough willpower to make it through a busy afternoon because someone told you to stay home. We need to find ways to help others instead of pushing them away. A lot of social media has helped with this. By posting information and ideas as well as tips and tricks they were able to use in order to make each other’s lives easier such as cooking together. Instead I just put up pictures of my meals so the two of us can enjoy sharing some delicious ones. And that goes for anything too silly to include such as baking cookies. Just be ready to work together when other folks are on vacation. If my husband isn't around, I can still do something productive like cleaning up the kitchen or taking out bins for recycling, so there is no excuse to ignore him or be angry about being stuck at home. Sometimes those who are meant to help do the same job as the individuals who have the jobs need to step back and look within themselves to remember what truly matters to them.

 

I’ll say it again. Make my life easier! Without it, I wouldn’t have been able to get through today even though I might have felt helpless. I’m happy that I am no longer feeling helpless because now I can actually go on to make that much of a difference in someone else's day and maybe even my own day. Being a mom now is almost my full time job even if my husband is at home to take care of his youngest son. My older daughter is also starting preschool which is bringing on a whole different kind of stress for her. She hates school at this point because she loves to read books at bedtime, and I’ll often tell her to look for “the book” on her laptop. In the end the goal is not reading anymore, but rather focusing on homework and learning from the experience. I’ve made myself the priority here. With my focus and efforts, I’ve been able to focus on helping my daughter become a better child. Maybe, just perhaps by realizing just how important the importance of giving all kids the chance to be loved, is to realize just how important it is for both of us to remember just how valuable family is to everyone. Our parents should be a big part of our day so they need to understand that they should never forget how blessed they are to have these moments every single day. They too could give us more time to relax and laugh together each evening. I’d love to hear any suggestions for any family member who wants to help make someone’s life easier this year. Be sure to tell them I wrote this article for them as well, if you need some motivation next year.